Saturday 29 June 2024

Euro 2024 ~ Time to kill …

I read somewhere, the best way to kill time is to work it to death  ~ Well I found a better way ...

I had a few hours spare before my evening flight to London, so with a recommendation from "Cindy", I went to visit Ghent or is it Gent or perhaps it's both.

A beautiful but very busy city which appears to have been built around countless interconnecting canal systems. It was very nice to walk around, but care had to be taken not to collide with the dozens or more realistically the hundreds of people on bikes. The other constant danger for me as I wandered aimlessly in any direction with my camera, were the electric-powered streetcars, they seemed to be everywhere.

After my time there, it was time to drive out of the downtown and head for the highway and onto Brussels Airport. This was met with the additional challenge to the previously mentioned bikes and streetcars, this was the hundreds of pedestrians wandering aimlessly in any direction with cameras ....!!!!

 

Ghent or Gent ……























No comments:

Post a Comment