Thursday 13 June 2024

Euro 2024 ~ Three stops on my way south to Glasgow …

On my way towards the A9 for my journey south to Glasgow, I stopped at the east end of Loch Maree at Glen Docherty … 


Rogie Falls are a series of waterfalls on the Black Water River …











Pitlochry is almost the geographical centre of Scotland. It is largely a Victorian town, which developed into a tourist resort after Queen Victoria and Prince Albert visited the area in 1842 and bought a highland estate at Balmoral, and the arrival of the railway in 1863. As you can see the town has retained many stone Victorian buildings …











I will be a couple of days in the Glasgow area, then three nights in Blairmore, Argyllshire (with no inter-web connection), before returning to Glasgow for another couple of days, then off to Belgium.


1 comment:

  1. These pictures remind me very much of the trip my wife Nancy and I took about a year ago to Edinburgh and Oman - lots of stone and natural beauty outside the towns and cities. Very enjoyable photos.

    ReplyDelete