Wednesday 19 June 2024

Euro 2024 ~ It is always like going home …

I spent the last few days staying at Blairmore in the Cowal Peninsula, located  within the boundaries of Argyll and Bute. Over the last 110 years this little village has been the home of many of my dad’s family. A place of great family gatherings going back over five generations, for me it is always like going home.

 

I was last here in September 2019, when I thoroughly enjoyed the company of three of my dad’s cousins, sadly now there is only one remaining, May who will turn 90 in August.

With reference to the blog ~ “Scotland 2019 part 2 ~ The Shore”, you can read a little more about my family history in this area along with many photos I took at that time.

You can click on following image or link  




Below are some pics I have taken during this visit, including my travels back to Glasgow via Rest and Be Thankful and Loch Lomond. I travelled over to Blairmore via the Gourock to Dunoon Ferry "Sound of Seil"












A day out to Inveraray ...

Overlooking the still waters of Loch Fyne, Inveraray is a traditional county town of Argyll. Established in 1745 by the 3rd Duke of Argyll, head of the powerful Clan Campbell, the town is an absolute set piece of Scottish Georgian architecture.









My family clan is MacIntyre








On my way back to Glasgow .....

The Rest and Be Thankful ~


There is always a bus stop ...



Luss on Loch Lomond ~









4 comments:

  1. Beautiful, as usual. I've been to Luss many times - one of my favourite little villages. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing pictures. I can't show this to Julie she will definitely want to go visit. Most likely will happen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very picturesque and well captured. Thanks, Graeme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice pictures. I believe I went to Luss and Invarary with your parents and Linda. I remember the roses all over.

    ReplyDelete