Tuesday 8 August 2023

Under occupation …

This morning with the tide a couple of hours from its peak, I was out early and did a two-beach wander on Rissers and then Crescent.

While wandering along Crescent heading towards My Rock, I noticed for the first time this year the migrating Semipalmated Plovers had arrived for their annual stopover.

It is an annual event for me to try and get the perfect flight photo of them, but like so many times before they are much faster than my reaction with the camera, I did however get them to pose nicely for me on the beach.

Upon my arrival at My Rock, I was surprised to see that it was under occupation by a number of Plovers, who all appeared to be taking a rest and thoroughly enjoying the views, so with that I left them in peace and went off to my back-up rock.

You can read about My Rocks at the blog titled “50 years ago ....” by clicking on the following link ~

https://southshoretidewatch.blogspot.com/2021/07/50-years-ago.html










No comments:

Post a Comment