Wednesday 2 August 2023

Copious Gratis Edibles ...

Out on the back deck we have a bird feeder hanging from the BBQ, it is a favourite feeding location for a number of Dark-Eyed Juncos who can easily fly in, pick up some nuts and fly out again.

Recently the resident Squirrel has been watching all this activity, she has been carefully analyzing the fly in and fly out operation, and the severe lack of access for her to the bird feeder. Finally with some obvious analytic and lateral thinking together with a watchful eye on me, she cracked it.


Below in photographs is the complete thought process ~

OK, from inside the BBQ I have a better view of the bird feeder and the situation …


Now if I jump onto the gas hose, I can get a little closer …


I have to be careful to not fall off …


I’ll just turn the bird feeder around …


Let's go ...


That was easy ...


OK, let’s go again with slight change in the technique …


Hurry up with the photo, I can't hold this pose and smile forever ... ...


Numéro deux, this is soooooo easy ….



Meanwhile a little later from the front deck, a variety of feathered tax write-offs (Oh I wish …), were enjoying Copious Gratis Edibles ….







No comments:

Post a Comment