Friday 7 October 2022

Misty, Warm, Still and a generous sprinkling of Silence …

…. that is what greeted me on today's outing to the LaHave Islands and Crescent Beach.

With the tide at an extreme low, the smell of sea on the islands reminded me of the familiar salt air fragrance that I grew up with and thoroughly adored on many visits to the North West Highlands of Scotland.

Crescent Beach also had a strong salt air smell today. Sadly, I think after six years here in the South Shore, I have detuned a little and lost some of the sensitivity to the smell of the salt air, which always seems so obvious to the out of province visitor.

The silence on the beach today was only broken by the excitement of a local dog who was having an absolutely wonderful time in the water, fortunately that did not bother another local, a sanderling on his beach wander.

While sitting on My Rock to admire the surroundings, I thought to myself ~ “Graeme, it does not get any better than this …” ~ well actually in truth it does, that is guaranteed to happen on my next visit to sit or wander by the sea ~ I have noticed this appears to be a trend ….























No comments:

Post a Comment