Monday 28 September 2020

All legs, arms and fingers accounted for ….

Since Hurricane Dorian which came by early September 2019, we have had a tree out in the forest which has been inclined at an angle of about 45°. Last week with “Post-tropical storm Teddy”, the tree finally came down. With the potential of obtaining some good firewood, we decided with the aid of the chainsaw, we would cut the tree up into 16” lengths.

Throughout my life, regardless of how much care I take and thought to all the permutations of how I could cut myself, I have often found out, that almost just being in sight of a blade cause me damage, so using a chainsaw gets me more than a little nervous and tense …

Fortunately, all went very well and I report with much relief and a great deal of pleasure that between us, we have four arms, four legs and the correct number of fingers ..

You can see the introduction of the chainsaw at ~ A new family member ~ https://southshoretidewatch.blogspot.com/2018/05/a-new-family-member.html






1 comment:

  1. A job well done, lots of firewood for the Winter.

    ReplyDelete