Wednesday 22 July 2020

Around about in black and white

Over the last couple of days, I have been out and about to Blue Rocks and the LaHave Islands. During those visits I decided to take some black and white photos. I find on occasions that textures, contrast and emotions are stronger in black and white than in colour. I think the main reason for that is black and white removes distractions which can be found in colour and lets you focus on particular feelings.

The first three pics from below are taken in early afternoon at Blue Rocks, while the rest are at sunset on the LaHave Islands.

One colour photo is included at the end, it is a Heron who located himself very close to me while on the Islands. We were in each others company for about half an hour, during which time he was regularly plucking fish out of the water.











No comments:

Post a Comment