It has been a frantic couple of weeks for a pair of local Robins’. They have hurriedly built a nest under the deck in the backyard; but this was not their first choice. Unknown to us for a long time, they had secretly constructed a nest in the garage on top of the garage opener electric motor. It was only when I noticed a Robin flying in and out that I found the completed nest.
Knowing this location was not practical for the nest or its future occupants, I reluctantly had to remove it. I left the nest at the front of garage, where the Robins cleverly used some of the material for the next location under the deck.
The new location took a huge amount of work for them, as can been seen in the following photos, initially most of the material fell on the ground, I had not seen any of the same during the garage nest construction. But with much persistent determination the job got done.
Now I am happy to report that we have three beautiful eggs and a 24/7 guard.