Sunday 21 January 2018

Rock Running

An interesting element of living on the South Shore coast is being continually reminded of lovely times from my past ….
During the 1970’s I was fortunate to have had truly fantastic camping holidays in the West Highlands of Scotland, which included many long days filled with adventure, fun and much happiness.
A favourite pastime I shared with my dad during those long gone days was “Rock Running”. An event which was always combined with a good beach wander and something I know he thoroughly enjoyed.
Today on a bright sunny afternoon, I did some rock running on George Island. I suppose it is not really “running”, but more like moving across the rocks as fast as possible while always thinking/planning two, three, or more steps ahead. It is fun and provides a nice workout.

Below are a selection of photos from today showing the George Island rocks …









No comments:

Post a Comment