Friday 5 January 2018

Cyclone bomb and wild sea

Originating in the southern east coast of the USA the so called “Cyclone Bomb” hit last night with very high winds, but unlike other areas of the Maritimes we did not get the heavy snow.

Today with only the remnants of the storm remaining I ventured out for a wander on Crescent and Rissers beaches. The strong winds coming directly from the south at mid-tide produced enormous waves pushing the water into high tide areas. Judging by the debris, sea weed and sand thrown onto local roads and foot paths, today’s entertaining sea display was nothing in comparison to what it must have been during the night.

The ice shown in the last three photos formed in the shallows of inlets during last weeks “cold snap”. Last night’s storm with its heavy surges flooded those areas and broke the ice up.


























2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures I love them, now I can see why you are so attached to your Camera.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the beautiful pictures, I can use my imagination to see what some Winters are like around Pleasantville

    ReplyDelete