Monday 5 December 2022

A BIG suntrap …

On my regular wandering beaches which are Crescent and Rissers, I have discovered more than a few suntraps. These are little corners located behind or at the side of rocks, that still give me views of the water while offering good protection from the wind.  Occasionally, if the wind is chilly, I can be found sitting or standing at those vantage points thoroughly enjoying the stillness and warm sunshine ~ I have also been known to have a nap at those secret places ...

This bright morning with an extremely low tide, I went to Cherry Hill beach and to my delight, I discovered that the whole beach was a one big suntrap, it was warm, still and absolutely gorgeous. Sometimes after a beach wander, I find it enormously difficult to describe in clear words exactly how perfect it was, well Cherry Hill beach this morning was “paradisiacal”.

I was last there on September 13th, see ~ “A beautiful morning at Cherry Hill Beach …” ~

https://southshoretidewatch.blogspot.com/2022/09/a-beautiful-morning-at-cherry-hill-beach.html

~ On the last visit, I wandered around to the back of the beach to see the inlets and salt-water ponds at high tide. I did the same the morning, where the whole area was virtually drained and exposed the high tide marks.

Here are the photos from today’s wander, including one where I suspect some folks probably had better views than I did …



















No comments:

Post a Comment