Wednesday 9 June 2021

First time on the beach ….

Today was the first time my new car and fourth Honda was on the beach. See the reference to my new CR-V in my previous blog “My Accord” at ~ 

https://southshoretidewatch.blogspot.com/2021/06/my-accord.html

I have had the car for just about two weeks and I have probably spent more than a few hours exploring every corner under the hood, trying to learn all about the technology that seems to be standard with cars today.

If I was to design my own car, it would very basic with no fancy warning systems, no remotes, manual up/down windows, a manual transmission and a reasonable AM/FM cassette playing radio ~ what more would you need …?

But here I am, in the midst of the 21st century ~ so get with it Graeme …………..




2 comments:

  1. The so-called, infotainment system is the first thing that would be designed out of my car design. I can't stand them. Once upon a time, a few basic tools and some tinkering could get a car going. People bought a beater for winter, fixed it up just enough, and about half the time sold it for more than they had paid. I'm almost a little surprised that cars don't come with a label on the hood 'Do not open. There are no user serviceable parts inside'.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You say ~ " I'm almost a little surprised that cars don't come with a label on the hood 'Do not open. There are no user serviceable parts inside'.~ the owners manual actually says ..."Do not attempt to change the engine oil on your own" ...!!!

      Delete