Sunday 18 November 2018

Down in the sand with my new three legs …..


Many years ago while wandering along by Lake Ontario in Ajax, Ontario, I found a very good quality Italian made mini-tripod. It was put away and forgotten about. It was not until I came here to the South Shore did I actually start using it for the first time and found it to be a useful accessory.
To my horror a couple of weeks ago, I discovered that it was missing from my camera bag. I hunted the house high and low, searched every nook and cranny in the cars, all without success. The assumption is, during one of my wanders it fell out the camera bag. So in a similar way that I was for the tripod, it is highly likely that somebody else is now its keeper, long may it circulate ….

Now that I am well into my preferred beach wandering season which is September thru’ June, I required a replacement. I ordered the new one from Britain via Amazon with the added bonus of no tax (Yay to that …). Fully stretched it stands 5” high with a leveling bubble which interestingly cannot be seen when the camera is mounted, it has broad feet, a lovely improvement on the previous tripod which tended to sink into wet sand under the weight of the camera.

Today with the tide on its way in, I went on a beach wander at Rissers to experiment with the new tripod, the results are below ……
















2 comments: