Saturday 8 September 2018

Finally ......

…..…. after a long but persevering summer of catching nothing more than a few tree branches, too much seaweed, one crab, a couple of planks of wood and a shoe, see ~


https://southshoretidewatch.blogspot.com/2018/08/went-fishing-again.html

~ I caught some mackerel, in fact probably over two dozen. Of those, only eleven met the 10 ½” keeper rule. The successful event took place last evening just after high tide at the Lahave ferry wharf.

When you hit a shoal of mackerel it can be good fun with the fish almost surrendering to your line which at one point I had five on. As the evening wore on and it got dark, the mackerel were actually jumping out the water, an incredible sight which I had never seen before in all my years of fishing. which started way back when I was a wee laddie in Scotland.

I am told they could be around in our waters for another month, so I will be back soon filled with renewed confidence ….!!!!!



1 comment:

  1. Hi Graeme that’s a very catch of Mackerels

    ReplyDelete