Friday 5 May 2023

Is that sign meant for me …?

For longer than I can remember I have always enjoyed walking. I find it has huge physical and mental benefits and now with living in Nova Scotia, I have the added bonus of being able to do by the ocean.

During my working chapter in Scotland, Spain and the Canada, regardless of the weather I always went walking at lunchtime and wore out many pairs of shoes doing it. Perhaps with a slight hint of exaggeration, I often say that “in 37 years of attending a workplace, I could count on one hand the number of times I never walked at lunchtime”.

As a young lad, I would walk with my dad through the country lanes and fields near our house in Scotland, and then on many memorable trips to highlands we would wander the most magnificent beaches, mountain and loch sides ~ it’s no wonder that I turned out the way I did …


But getting back to the plot ~ during 2022 the following sign appeared at Crescent Beach, which lead me to the question ~ is that sign meant for me …? Maybe, I am a very fast walker. 

It has been observed, noted and frequently commented by many on my wanders around the local empire, that I am very fast on my feet. The truth is, I have great difficulty walking slowly, there are odd occasions when I do keep within the speed limits, but they are very rare.

On beach wanders I almost turn the sand to glass as I arrive at one end before departing from the other ~ in the scientific world this is known as “Einstein’s Theory of Beach Wandering”.

So, today as I stepped foot onto Crescent Beach, I pondered as to whether the “Maximum Speed Limit” sign was aimed directly at me. But as normal on this cool bright morning with the tide retreating, I went off again at my usual haste, which fortunately was successfully completed without receiving any speeding tickets …!!

Below are a few pics from the outing …









No comments:

Post a Comment