Thursday 11 May 2023

A walk onto Bush Island …

With the tide coming in at what I thought was an accelerated rate, this morning’s wander on Crescent Beach was achieved in warm, slightly misty and windless conditions ~ it is rare event to find Crescent without a wind.

After the 2.5km wander along the beach, I had my customary sit down to admire life moment on My Rock. During this time, I was dangerously oblivious to the fact that very soon My Rock was extremely close to becoming an island with the hastily advancing tide.

After narrowly escaping a situation where my feet would have got wet and the title of this blog could have been much different, I decided to do a personal first and walk onto Bush Island. On all my many previous visits to the LaHave Islands, I have always driven over the two iron bridges, the first one separates the Crescent Beach causeway from Bush Island, while the second allows the crossing over to Bell Island.

Below are some pics of the area around the first iron bridge along with a couple from Crescent Beach ….













No comments:

Post a Comment