Thursday 8 June 2023

It’s all calm after ….

 …… lots and lots and lots of rain.

Today is Thursday and (so far) it is the first day since last Friday without constant and at times aggressive rain. With the current wildfire situation, the relentless rain has been very timely for Nova Scotia. Slowly the fires are being controlled and in certain areas folks are being allowed to go back to their homes.

With the tide coming in, there was a beautiful calmness about the beach this morning. As normal I spent quality time sitting on My Rock, admiring the peace and with my thoughts trying again to solve the world’s increasing issues. It was during this period of intense cerebration, that I suddenly realized the water level around me was on the increase, and if I did not make an imminent move, I would be left with the harrowing decision to either sit here for a few hours for the tide to reverse or do a bare foot paddle back to the beach.

Fortunately, I got back onto the sand intact and dry, and ultimately failed again “to solve the world’s increasing issues” ~ perhaps a task far too big for this Scotsman …!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment