Saturday 26 February 2022

My feet got frozen …

In line with this winter’s trend, we once again got a good dumping of snow. It basically arrived just as the last lot was beginning to completely disappear.

With the place looking bright, white and rather nice, I decided to take the camera for a wander into the forest that is located at the back of the house. My plan was to experiment with long exposures using my 10-Stop Reduction ND1000 filter. The challenge here was to create a balance ~ to avoid overexposing the bright whites in the snow, without creating too much darkness in the shadows of the trees. While attempting this and using long exposures, I hoped to highlight in greater detail the granular texture of the snow.

All photos were taken with the camera mounted on a tripod at 100ASA and F16.


Why that title for the blog ..? ~

I had my wellies on which provided not a lot of insulation, hence my feet got frozen ….

6 Second Exposure

5 Second Exposure

6 Second Exposure

5 Second Exposure

8 Second Exposure

10 Second Exposure

10 Second Exposure

8 Second Exposure

6 Second Exposure

No comments:

Post a Comment