Tuesday, 21 July 2026

It has been very busy …

Suddenly it has become the 21st of July, and incredibly late next week August will begin. I believe the hastily move by the calendar, may in part be due to how busy it has been for me over the last 5 to 6 weeks, which has been well beyond my normal pace of life.

It started in early June with a trip to Iceland, where I viewed and stood in awe of the out of the planet scenery, did lots of strenuous hikes on various levels of grueling trails, and then due to the 22 hours of daylight combined with 2 hours of twilight at this time of the year in Iceland, I experienced a severe lack of perfect sleep.

Upon my return from Iceland, it was not long before I headed to Ottawa to enjoy a number of family festivities, and did a spot of hiking in Quebec.

Soon after my return from Ottawa, I had a truly fantastic visit by my buddies Dave and Karen from Vancouver Island. I had not seen them in nearly 19 years. So, over the course of a few days, there was lots of recalling of amusing stories from the past, oodles of side-splitting laughs, one or two Guinness’s were enjoyed, and perhaps three or four glasses of wine were savoured ~ a perfectly lovely time.

I reckon all that activity has had the effect of rapidly moving the days and weeks along, it is now time to get back into the Pleasantville pace. To begin this, I was out this afternoon beach wandering, and took some photos of the birds …











No comments:

Post a Comment