Wednesday 26 June 2024

Euro 2024 ~ Three nights on a farm …

I leave this morning for a couple of days in Northern France …

My stay in this part of Belgium was a wonderful experience of rural life, out in the quiet countryside halfway between the towns of Balen and Leopoldsburg. My hosts were Jerom and Erika on their farm “Berksvenhoeve”.

On my first morning Jerom gave the grand tour of the place and introduced me to all the animals, which includes goats, sheep, horses, chickens, rabbits, geese, ducks and more. Growing within the grounds of the farm are the most magnificent fruits and vegetables.

After the tour it was time for breakfast in the company of both Jerom and Erika, outside in the morning sun protected under the shade of their grapevine. All the food that is consumed, whether meat, dairy or plant based comes from the farm, the experience was just so marvellous and natural.


























3 comments:

  1. Looks great - well organized and bountiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Still eating well, I see. 😋 Looks idyllic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the chicken coop - somebody put a lot of time into it.

    ReplyDelete