Wednesday 20 March 2024

Treasure hunting across the river ...

With the low tide predicted to occur this afternoon at 12.37pm, I thought it would be a good idea to visit Sand Dollar Beach, which is located on the other side of the Lahave River from Pleasantville. 

Visiting Sand Dollar when the tide is coming in and approaching its high is never a good idea, as most of the beach is under water. But when the tide is going out, the beach is considered a hot spot for sand dollars, sea shells, and other treasures that are usually left behind ~ unfortunately none were found today, that could be added to my collection.

After a Sand Dollar wander, I went off to Hirtles Beach, where the waves were putting on a grand show. After this, I took my favourite route home via the high seas on the LaHave Ferry.

Below are today’s pics, with two others, one showing part of my “treasure” collection and another with a Sand Dollar ....






Hirtles Beach ...



Some of my treasures ... 


No comments:

Post a Comment