Monday 26 February 2024

Capturing movement in black & white ….

In the company of heavy clouds and rather chilly wind, I was out early for a wander on a completely deserted Rissers Beach.


As a result of my years’ long search for that incredibly elusive perfect photo, I have been constantly experimenting with my photography, this cold morning was once again no different. So, while sitting on a rock watching the waves crashing in, I thought that I would attempt to capture the waters movement, in black and white ~ none are perfect, but it was fun trying ….

















1 comment:

  1. I've become a big fan of black and white lately. On film, even. One of the fun things with water photos is to play with the shutter speed. Slow enough that the individual drops are not frozen, yet not so slow that it all turns into overexposed milk. An ND filter makes that much easier. And yes, your photos make me wish I lived closer to an ocean.

    ReplyDelete