Friday 4 August 2023

Coastal wander to Bear Trap Cove …

With a stunningly warm morning and the tide advancing to a weekly high of just over 6 feet, I went off early to Green Bay for a coastal wander along to Bear Trap Cove.

My initial plan was to actually to do the coastal hike (rather than the slightly inland trail) from Green Bay to Broad Cove which is 6.9km out and back, but with the very high tide which peaked at 11.10am, I could not go any further than Bear Trap Cove ~ perhaps next time I will go at low tide.

It was a marvelous adventure with a variety of sandy beaches, rocky beaches and the occasional rock to climb.

When it all finished, I spent some time sitting on a rock in the company of a few seagulls, who like me were thoroughly enjoying the beautiful morning.





























No comments:

Post a Comment