Monday 14 October 2019

Fall colours with a 10-Stop Reduction …

With no wind, overcast conditions and the fall colours at their peak, I thought it would be a good idea to dust off the ND Filters and try some more experimenting.
The photos are all taken with the ND 1000 (10-Stop Reduction) just along the road at the Islands and Rissers.
I am not sure if the long exposures add anything to the fall colours, but they do smooth out the water.

3 seconds exposure at F8

4 seconds exposure at F8

2 seconds exposure at F8

6 seconds exposure at F8

4 seconds exposure at F8

2 seconds exposure at F8

13 seconds exposure at F16

10 seconds exposure at F16

10 seconds exposure at F16

20 seconds exposure at F13

13 seconds exposure at F16

15 seconds exposure at F16

13 seconds exposure at F14

2 comments:

  1. I recently got a 10 stop filter, and have played with it a bit. My big surprise is that I thought the exposures would end up being much longer. Or put another way, 10 stops wasn't as dark as I thought it would be. I like the first image best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take all the “ND” photos at 100ASA. It is fun experimenting with the filters, but still have a long way to go before I really feel happy with the results. I have two ~ the 10-Stop and a 6-Stop which I have not used yet. I expect to use the 6-Stop in conditions when the light is going down (dusk) …

      Delete